Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Great Yoga Pant Mystery

After a hiatus I have gone back to Pilates. I'm totally addicted and when I get lazy and skip a few months I feel like I get shorter. I know, I know, it's my imagination but it does such great things for my posture and back...so, there I was, rushing to class and lo and behold, the yoga pants I like to wear are nowhere to be found. During the search I discovered I have several pairs of sweatpants that I never wear, they are too heavy for working out. So...what am I going to replace my yoga pants with? I checked out Lululemon since they are all the rage, but ahem, their pants are $98. That is INSANE. I decided to check out the new Gap Inc store, called Athleta. Everything has free shipping.


I found these two pairs, they are my favorites out of the many choices -

Shop by Sport: Low Rise Chaturanga&#153 Pant - Black

Shop by Sport: Inhale Pant - Black


They are pretty simple and sleek, one has more of a flared leg than the other, but I really like them both. The second pair has that crossover waistband which should prevent any muffin top effect, not something you want to think about when you are bent every which way either on a reformer or a yoga mat. Both pairs also come in regular, petite AND tall, so there is something for everyone.

This style, called the Remedy Pant, has a zipper pocket on one leg so you don't have to take your bag with you -

Shop by Sport: Remedy Pant - Black

Some colors are on sale for really great prices.

I should have plenty of options for my next class,

No comments: