Friday, October 23, 2009

What to wear to a family lunch

Greg's grandmother is turning 90 on Saturday. It's a big deal, so of course we have a big weekend planned with a fancy lunch for the extended family on Saturday. So, of course I've been thinking for weeks about what I'm going to wear. In fact, it's a little like a wedding weekend with another event Saturday evening and a brunch on Sunday. It's also in a colder climate so we have to unearth our Midwestern warm clothes, and I will be dragging out the tights for the first time this year.

I'm guessing I will go with my daytime event uniform, a sleeveless sheath dress with a white button down shirt underneath, stockings or tights and heels.

THis would be a perfect example -

Milly Brooke Pencil Dress in Mulberry

And I would wear it with a shrunken black cardigan, black tights and



This is a really cute option that is wearable all year here, you can wear layers underneath or over and because it's more plain, you can do colorful layers and big jewelry -


Theory Hannia Greece Dress in Indigo


I love this hot D+G sheath -

D&G Sheath Dress in Stripe


This one isn't a sheath, but it is PERFECT for a family event like this one -

Twist Neck Color Block Dress

I've posted that Mint dress before, but now it's on sale for an even better price. I love the demure neckline, the defined waist, it really is perfection for a daytime event like this one.

These well-priced pumps (less than $70!) would look sharp with these dresses -

Matisse Women's Jungle Pump

They come in the brown above, as well as a gorgeous shiny black.

I think Grandma Shirley's big birthday bash deserves hot shoes like that.

No comments: