Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Gap Design Editions are out!

The special design edition white shirts are now available on the Gap website, and the stores as soon as they open (I'm up late tonight) If you'd like a piece by Philip Lim or another CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund finalist but can't afford their regular lines, now is the time!

I must admit I don't love them all. First, it's pretty clear to me that Philip Lim is among the designers who find it annoying that women have boobs. I wish we could send him back to school with Marc Jacobs to learn about biology. But alas, no. I cannot force an education upon these men, and yet they can force their idea of beauty and the ideal body upon us. No fair.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand, what is up with this shirt?
It looks perfect, if you are a chef and in need of a uniform. Or a painter in need of a smock. But designed to make a woman look beautiful? I think not.

I do like this one,
And I like the dress by Three As Four, it looks ideal for a hot summer day, perfect for the beach or with cute sandals and a fun bag.


They are also offering two men's styles and some jewelry this year. You can check them all out here.
Happy Shopping!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think the first one is inspired by traditional chinese qi pao dresses which are historically narrow widthwise because of the traditional looms used back then.