Thursday, January 22, 2009

Read Real Simple! (And Today's Sales!)

I might have forgotten to mention this on the blog, but I am quoted in the January issue of Real Simple! It's very exciting for me, as it is my first mention in a national magazine. The article is "Twenty Tips to Make a Wardrobe Last," mine is the first tip! Unfortunately it's not available online ( I know, low tech mag) .

So before the month is up when you are at a grocery store, check it out.

Now onto the business at hand - all the sales today.

First, on Gilt Group is Women's Final Sale, they have Cynthia Steffe skirts for $28, Marc by Marc Jacobs shorts are also that cheap - perfect if you are going anywhere warm this spring, or just want to get a GREAT deal for next summer. Also, Vera Wang and Vera Wang Lavander lines are available (great party clothes!) and many many other (Adam, Alice and Olivia, Edun, Zac Posen and on and on...)

if you aren't a member become one with this link:

http://www.gilt.com/invite/elenaaronson


is offering an extra 20% off of all sale merchandise. Use the code EXTRA when you check out. This deal is good through Saturday. Even though they use my blog name as a tag line, I like them. What can I say? With the original sale + this discount, there are Belle by Sigerson Morrison and Botkier shoes that are downright affordable!


Banana Republic sale stuff is marked down an extra 25%, use code Take25.
Shopjake is offering 25% the ENTIRE site through the weekend, use code save25.
Outerwear Sale at New York & Company - up to 50% off!


And last but definitely not least, one of my absolute favorite online stores,
has a HUGE selection of sale stuff. I have had nothing but great experiences when I've ordered from Revolve - they ship for free, and not an exaggeration at all - I have always gotten my order 1 or 2 days after placing it. I don't know how they do it, It's like Amazon somehow.

Out of the new-to-sale items, I really like this merino wool hoodie -

Lily McNeal Barbra Button Hoodie in Teal


It's great for casual days with jeans, or work over a button down with trousers. It comes in black as well but I do like this teal color.

If you are looking for something cozy and super casual, this is great -

LinQ Zip Front Dolman Sleeve Jacket in Black


Even with the pockets in front, the seams give it shape even with a defined waist! What more can we ask for in a sweatshirt. Love it. Perhaps you can tell from my choices that it's rainy and cold here again, and I'm looking at warm cozy options.

Happy Shopping!

No comments: