Monday, March 9, 2009

Lanvin Fall 09 For Day

Fall fashion shows continued in Europe and this weekend Lanvin showed in Paris. Lanvin is always amazing, I have blogged about Alber Elbaz before, I think he is absolutely adorable in addition to being a complete genius. I have pulled my favorite day looks from his show (evening looks will come tomorrow)
All of these looks have a similar silhouette - fitted waist, very feminine, simple, timeless and classic. I think the pieces worth spending a lot of money on, or a lot of time looking for (or both) are pieces like this - that you can wear forever and will never look dated.


There is something about the wrap in the photo below, it makes me think of Gwyneth Paltrow's character in whatever movie she played married to Michael Douglas, and he tried to kill her. I thought her wardrobe was the most memorable part of the film - clearly the title didn't make a dent. Oh wait - A Perfect Murder, that's what it is. She plays a very wealthy heiress and dresses like this. If I had all the money necessary - I would too!


I adore these dresses as well - so easy to wear, to work or out, with a jacket, without. Whatever you want. The color and fabric of the bottom dress make me think of a dark ocean, it's gorgeous.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: