Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Better Than Basics at Fall Fashion Week

I have been looking through the NY Fashion Week photos and most of what I like is party dresses. Not exactly practical. Oh well.

One thing about the fall shows - I would love to wear these clothes right now. When Spring clothes show it's so many months before that kind of weather that it seems almost ridiculous, but right now, I would love these pieces. There were some standout everyday kind of clothes (you can wear these to work), like these two outfits from Boy by Band of Outsiders. I love the cute jacket over dress in the first picture.

I think this is the same jacket, but with perfect trousers.

And here are some nice pictures of the Rag and Bone show. They are very good at making basics look fantastic. This jacket is adorable, I like the wide lapel and the cropped shape.

And I love this jumper in the photo below. The detail makes it really wearable - it will define the waist. I could see wearing that all the time, for work and for nights out. Just change the
shirt underneath (or don't wear one) and the accessories.



Click on the pictures to go to style.com to see all the photos from the shows.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: