Friday, May 15, 2009

Belts Are My New Reward (or Retail Therapy)

I had a big day the other day. Armed with my new perfect teeth I went down to the ridiculously named Hall of Justice (wasn't that a cartoon with Wonder Woman and all the other superheroes?) to talk to anyone who would listen to a description of my assailant. Afterward I wanted two things equally badly - a new fun something to wear, and an Oreo milkshake to rival the Smith College mudslides that got me through so many all nighters during finals in college. I must be thinking about those a lot because I'm missing my 10 year college reunion this weekend. So, in addition to my Oreo milkshake, I bought belts. I know it sounds funny but I've been thinking about how some belts that actually fit me at the waist would help me wear more of my clothes more often. I ended up buying a few, one of them is a black version of this belt -

Nikki Jaggs Paola Belt in Cream


The store I went to didn't have a natural color version, and I really like this. It would go very well with loose summer dresses, or over a skirt of pretty much any color. I have button down shirts that are just too big in the torso and a belt like this would fix that problem.

I also wanted to some fun thin belts to wear both on the waist and on my hips in my jeans. That is going to be a little tricky, I might have to get another hole punched so I can wear them on my waist, but I really didn't want to have a bunch of one-use belts, but on the other hand, all of the belts I've bought over the years are too big to wear anywhere. These are cute -

Nikki Jaggs Lisa Belt in Red


I love the bright color of the one above, it will look great with jeans, and the white one with studs below is really fun.


Nikki Jaggs Sarah Belt with Gold Square Studs in White


The best part is that none of these are expensive and they make for a fun satisfying retail therapy session.

No comments: