Monday, September 22, 2008

Special dresses for real women

My cousin wrote and asked for some assistance in finding her dress for my wedding, I was of course totally up for the task! She is a petite thirty-something successful and busy working mom who wants to look good but said the last time she needed a formal dress she had a different body and can't wear the same things anymore.

I asked her some questions to figure out what she was looking for and here are my first attempts (there will be more to come later in the week!)



I like this Donna Ricco dress above for several reasons, it emphasizes a small waist and gives some structure and shape to the skirt as well, and I like the split neck which is very flattering as well. While it could look a little bridesmaid-y because of the fabric, somehow it doesn't.

This Nanette Lepore dress is gorgeous and bright and fun - It's so beautiful in person, the picture doesnt do it justice - the fabric color and the model doesn't fill it out like a real woman would:

Nanette Lepore Gin Sling Sheath Dress in Raspberry Multi



I also think that this jewel tone silk dress would be fabulous with a long sparkly necklace and black patent pumps and clutch -

Lauren Moffatt Silk Charmeuse Gathered Waist Tank Dress in Blue

No comments: