Monday, April 6, 2009

What Sarah Brown Should Wear...

I cannot stop looking at this picture of Michelle Obama and Sarah Brown from last week -




Say what you will about Obama's interesting sweater, I cannot stop looking at Brown's suit - it's a little like a car accident, I want to look away but I just can't. She is in an impossibly tough position, I mean just imagine how much easier it was to be a first lady in the past, it wasn't hard to look nice standing next to the past few American first ladies but now this poor woman is on the world's stage with Michelle Obama and Carla Bruni Sarkozy.

I would want to stay in bed the entire term. Between those two women pretty much everyone else would look frumpy and poorly dressed, let's be honest.

There is hope though, it would just take a little thought and work - to find clothes that flatter her. She could learn from Michelle, A-line skirts, dresses that skim the body rather than 'hug', these would be great silhouettes for her as well. And really high heels would work for her too.

If I were her stylist I would teach her all about spanx and other shapewear to smooth her out -

Bare Necessities

and put her in clothes that fit her. I bet an A-line skirt like Obama's would look nice on her, this Alberta Ferreti dress would look lovely on both of them -



There are some well priced versions at White House Black market - and don't forget the great deal they have now, $20 off a Merchandise Purchase of $80 or more at White House Black Market. Enter 8822 at Checkout. Offer Valid 03.23.09 – 04.26.09. Online Only.

No comments: