Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Boots for Short Calves

This is actually a problem I have - I am short and most boots are just too high for my legs. It took me a long time, and trying on many pairs to realize that was the problem. So...I look for boots with a shorter shaft. Here are a few good options -

This first pair is an inexpensive Nine West boot with a fun detail along the leg. These would be great with a lot of different outfits -

Women's shoes/bags: Nine West Fiddle - Black


This studded, shorter Frye boot comes in this great brown and black, it's pricy but I think its worth it for a boot you will wear for years. It can be worn with jeans or skirts for casual wear, but also once the studs and the top are covered with pants, you can wear them for business casual as well. They will look great with a wide- leg trouser.

FRYE Women's Fiona Studded Mid Boot


These dark red patent Marc by Marc Jacobs boots are a gorgeous unexpected color, and a great price. These could be worn a million ways, I would probably mainly wear them with skinny jeans tucked in, but bootcut jeans can be worn outside, and trousers also for work would look gorgeous with this color. Basically what I'm saying is - buy them and wear them all the time! Don't be scared of the dark patent red, you can wear it as a neutral.

Marc by Marc Jacobs Women's 694117 Boot

No comments: