Friday, August 21, 2009

Boots for Wide Calves (and Ankle Boots)

I did a first post on boots last week, I wanted to supplement it with boots specifically for women with wider calves. There is a lot that goes into finding the right boot, the height has to be right, as does the circumference. A few of the boots I posted for shorter calves would also work, but if a lot of regular boots are too snug for you these are great options:

This is a cute flat boot option -

Women's shoes/bags: Enzo Angiolini Zoot - Black


This high heeled Delman boot is a classic style that would look absolutely amazing worn with jeans or your more formal professional clothes -

Delman Women's Giddyup Boot


It comes in the gorgeous honey brown pictured above, as well as classic black.

This Delman boot has a lower heel, and a slightly narrower shaft (half an inch smaller in circumference) -

Delman Women's Villas-N Low Heel Boot


they would also look great both with casual and professional clothes.


Ankle boots are also a great trend if you really feel your calves are too wide for boots, they give you the same look as tall boots, or an even better one actually when wearing pants. I am not sold on the peep-toe bootie trend that has taken over, it only makes sense in the parts of the country where winter doesn't look much different than summer. If someone would like to make a case for them though, by all means, please send me an email.

I really like this Botkier pair (on sale!) that comes in this great black as well as grey -

botkier Women's Lila Ankle Boot


A Te Casan version -

Te Casan by Manuela Filipovic Women's Match Ankle Boot





1 comment:

Doria said...

I saw these boots on Endless.com, think I will try to see if they are right for me.