Saturday, August 29, 2009

The New (CHEAPER) Premium Denim

The Wall Street Journal had an article this week about the new attempts by mall stores to create jeans that we would choose over 7's, J Brand, or any other premium brands. I can only attest to the new styles at the Gap and I have to say they are great. I bought a pair of the new skinny jeans, and although I haven't worn them out yet, I have worn them around the house and I really like them. I don't feel like i'm sacrificing anything to wear these skinny jeans instead of J Brand skinnies, and I saved more than $100. They are a good weight, have the right shape including a contoured waistband, and the butt looks great.

The one thing I don't think is right is that they claim they are the same as designer sizes now. I have to disagree, they are still a little bigger than premium brands. But, I do think a lot of people who had been sized out of Gap clothes (because they were too big) will be able to wear these.

Click here to read the article about their process.
and here to get to the gap and the other gap corp stores -





No comments: