Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Is Bluefly Ripping Us Off?

I have been a loyal customer of Bluefly since 2001, so in general I totally believe we get good deals from them. I mean you can't beat a pair of Joe's Jeans for $70 less than retail, however sometimes I have noticed that their "retail price" listed on an item seems incorrect.

Today, in my quest for a new jacket I was scrolling through and noticed they have some Via Spiga coats for around $150, with the retail price listed at $250, a full $100 more than Smart Bargains lists as retail price. Being the astute researcher that I am, I went looking for the real retail price.



Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the same jacket is $150 at Bluefly (above) and $148 at Nordstrom, FULL PRICE (below).




Bluefly has some 'splaining to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is interesting. How do you know that Nordstrom's pricing is correct? I've often wondered about stuff like that - have you contacted Bluefly about it?

Elena said...

I'm on the case. I called customer service and ofc ourse they know nothing, and I tried calling the corporate office, but of course unless you know someone, you are SOL. But I remembered a connection on the inside, hopefully I will be in touch with him this weekend and we will get to the bottom of this!