Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Seriously?

I know that everyone has different ideas of what is ridiculous or not when it comes to spending money on clothes, and I would say I'm pretty open to things, but I saw something online today that even I find absurd.
These jeans with jewelry attached are Earnest Sewn, a brand I really like, with jewelry attached by Van Cleef and Arpels. You might recognize the chain because everyone and their mom seems to wear it (ok, mainly Reese Witherspoon) The new thing though is that it is not a necklace repurposed as a belt a la Mariah Carey, no, it is a wallet chain.

Yes, you read that correctly, a designer wallet chain. Like the ones made popular when punk was in.

And the really crazy part, they come together and cost between $9,000 and $11,000.

Whoa. And I sensed not one iota of irony in the tone of the website or even Coutorture which linked to it.


Photo from Denimology

No comments: