Friday, March 21, 2008

Style Advice in a Book? Feh...

I often wonder if people really use the advice offered in style advice books. I mean there are some things one can learn I suppose, but now with the internet, and you know, blogs like this, why bother spending money on them? And yet they continue to be published, and I guess they continue to sell.

The WSJ looked at some of them this week, and makes the point that many of the people who write them are out to create a brand rather than anything else - like I don't know, offering the world some great new idea and easy ways to be fashionable.

I do have my own list of worthwhile style books, like this one -



To be fair, I haven't read all of the new ones discussed in the article, but I think it must say something that I'm not even tempted.

No comments: