Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Retail Man

For my birthday last summer my boyfriend took me to the theater, to "Shopping: The Musical." No, I'm not kidding, and yes, it was funny.

One of the numbers was called "Retail Man," the guy who knows what he wants and goes to get it, no looking for a better price, no comparison shopping, nada. Just in, buy, out. I thought maybe only my boyfriend did that, so of course that made this number funnier and more memorable.

And then tonight I checked out the Wall Street Journal and saw this headline:

Fashion Online: Retailers Tackle the Gender Gap

Hmmm, two things that always catch my attention - fashion and gender. It seems that men spend more money online in shorter amounts of time (no comparison shopping) and return much less because "As long as the product is good enough, [men] are less likely to return it." So true.

Read the whole thing.

No comments: