Monday, January 21, 2008

Bazaar Headbands

While flipping through my copy of the February Harper's Bazaar I read their "Rules of the Season." I wouldn't call any of their rules earth-shattering, in fact I got annoyed when I saw rule #3 is "Rethink Headbands." Why exactly do we need to rethink them? Apparently the magazine thinks they haven't been around pretty consistently since, well, as long as I can remember.

I wore a pretty silk one from Jcrew today to work. And when I go home to my parents' place I use my favorite headband from when I was around 5 to keep the hair out of my face when I wash my face. It's this adorable plastic rainbow headband, and when I say rainbow i mean it looks like a rainbow, with ROYGBIV running along it (yes, I pulled out the 6th grade science on this post, roygbiv, from the light and vision lesson - I'd prefer to remember that than dissecting a sheep's eye or whatever we did)

Anyway, back to the headbands. I think they are great. Especially when you are lazy like me and don't want to wash your hair in the morning (I have curly hair, so my only options are basically wash and style it, ponytail or headband) so i put my hair back with one and I look cute and styled when really i'm lazy - I should not be giving up this secret to everyone.

I found this adorable headband on Amici Accessories, a site I really like for all kinds of pretty and inexpensive accessories:

Plus, headbands make for a great retail therapy session because they are fun and inexpensive.

No comments: