Monday, January 7, 2008

Burt's Bees goes Corporate

NYT article about Clorox recently purchasing Burt's Bees for $913 million. That is crazy. The story is something like this: A bee keeper picked up a hitch hiker years ago and she moved in with him and started using the beeswax to make all kinds of things then they get very very rich, she moves on to other businesses, he still lives in a turkey or chicken coop tending to his bees. weird.

Clorox wants the acquisition to start them on a 'greening' trend, that sounds good but I still won't use Burt's Bees lip balm. What can I say, I never liked the taste; although I do think its cool that apparently one can eat the shampoo they make.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Indeed, the grapefruit/sugar shampoo is really yummy (not that I've tasted it) and natural. I believe it doesn't contain sodium laurel sulfate, the lathering detergent that's bad for your hair. It's funny/ironic to me that Clorox, a company that specializes in chlorine bleach bought Burt's Bees.