Friday, January 4, 2008

Rain Rain Go Away

Today is disgusting here. It's one of those days you really don't want to leave the house. Apparently the wind is so strong that some of the bridges are even closed. This calls for a good rain outfit. I watched an episode of my favorite tv stylist's new show "Fashionably Late with Stacey London" and she had audience members try on rain coats, boots and hats and put one person in a rain machine, one in a huge refrigerator and one in front of a wind machine. It was pretty freaking funny to watch, but this morning on my way out I felt like I was being subjected to all three at once. Not nice.

So here are my suggestions for beating the weather:






These are Kors by Michael Kors version of the wellie, and they are also available in orange - both are pretty great! you can find them on sale at my favorite online boutique Shopbop.

For a raincoat I love this Kenneth Cole Reaction jacket :


This jacket is great for several reasons, the first is the tie at the waist, it's actually a buckle and with the strong squared shoulder makes the waist look tiny, just what every woman wants in a coat. This is available on my favorite discount designer website Bluefly.


If you are in the parts of the country dealing with snow and much colder temps look for boots by La Canadienne, they look fantastic and they are weatherproof, they even keep your toes warm and toasty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, I just spent what seems like a fortune to me and I bought two pairs of Aerosoles boots (one in brown and one in black) in a sort of wedge suede style. I can't find them on their website, which is weird.

I've decided, though, that Aerosoles is my favorite shoe store about half of the year. Half of the time I go in there, I buy at least 2-4 pairs of shoes at a time and the other half of the year I think it's got the ugliest shoes on the planet. I don't know what my deal is.

Anyway, my other thing that I had to tell you is that I can't abide boots that have buckles or straps or other sh!t on them...don't know why, I just hate it. Any ideas for other places to get boots that are less than $100 that are low-heeled with no buckles on them? I can't find them anywhere even though I feel like I see cool people wearing them all the time.

xoxo,
your favorite fashion victim friend from Smith :) aka Feefs :)